Return to Headlines
Secondary Report October 2021
- 2nd round of deficient progress reports went out October 12th.
- PSAT is Oct. 13th.
- Virtual Senior Financial Aid night will be October 26th.
- Parent conferences will be held Nov. 5th & 6th. We will give parents options to schedule zoom meetings with teachers, as well as coming in. Knowing that teachers are contacting students regularly, I will still send out an email to parents encouraging them to check the portal and communicate with teachers if they have any questions or concerns.
- Student laptops seem to still be working well.
- 8th Grade play will be held October 28th
- Homecoming activities occurred last week. Great participation all around. Over 80% of the students dressed up each day, and the dance and game were well attended.
- The Band and Cheer squad both participated in the UI Homecoming parade on Oct. 9th.
- Spike 4 a Cure was held October 7th in Troy. Genesee won the coin drive by collecting $467.33 and Troy won the spirit component It was fun for each of the communities. Troy won the match.
- The VB team is currently 4th in league, and will most likely be the #3 or #4 seed in the district tournament. District tournament will be Oct. 16, 19, 20, 21, and 23 is the state play-in. Troy & Potlatch will be hosting this Saturday, then the rest of the tournament will be held at LCSC.
- VB State is October 29-30 at LCSC.
- FB team has 2 remaining regular season games. We play Prairie on Friday and at Kendrick on Oct. 22nd. The state playoffs will be determined by an RPI ranking from week 9 of the season. The top 12 teams will advance, and 4 of the 5 league champions will have a bye based on rankings. Playoffs will start October 29-30.
- JH FB has 2 games left, this Friday vs Troy, and next Monday vs ESJL. They are currently 0-3-1 and trying to put it all together.
- JH VB has 16 girls participating. Games began Oct. 4th and run through Nov. 9th
- Vision 21
- We are looking to hold give-back day and Veterans Day together on 11/11. Assembly in the morning and give-back in the afternoon. A great day to celebrate community.
- CORE lessons have begun (now called Friday Face 2 Face). We have changed the color teams and the advisors, and color groups will be rotating through the staff to go through the lessons. It feels good to be back into doing these lessons with students.
- Rec District update
- A HUGE Thank you to Jay Scharnhorst, Jay Meyer, Harlan Zenner, Art Lindquist and Al Krick for helping to winterize the ball fields. We will get the new FB/BB scoreboard up once the pivot post has been built.