Return to Headlines
Secondary Report November 2021
- Mid-semester grade reports went out prior to conferences.
- P/T conferences were held 11/4 and 11/5. Teachers have been using a variety of ways of communicating with parents about student progress. Phone calls, email, Zoom and Google Meets, along with a few face to face.
- Veteran’s Day will be celebrated on Nov. 11th at 9am. Looking to hold a traditional Veterans Assembly.
- VB team finished 3rd in the state tournament. We were glad they got to complete their season and participate in the state tournament. 3 of the top 4 finishes at state were from the WPL. The Genesee VB program helped raise $_____________to the Bosom Buddies Foundation! The GHS students raised $467.33 in the coin drive. The team had an outstanding season! We would like to thank Coaches Crowley, Johnson & Sperber for their dedication to the volleyball program.
- FB team is still playing in the quarter final round of the state playoffs. 4 of the 8 WPL teams are in the state bracket, which shows the strength of our league. A win over Oakley will put Genesee in the semi-finals. We would like to congratulate Coaches Podrabsky, Warner, Merica and Hawkes for their commitment to the football program. A big thank you to Becky too, as she was also a big help to the coaches and players this season.
- JH FB finished their season. The players worked hard throughout the season and showed improvement, finishing the season winning their last 2 games, and lots of positives for next year.
- JH VB finishes on Nov. 9th and has had a great season. Lots of participation and improvement as the season has progressed. We would like to thank Coach Sperber and Coach Johnson for their continued commitment to coach the girls.
- Girls Basketball began this week with 17 girls turning out to play. Their first game will be Nov. 18 vs Nezperce.
- Boys Basketball begins Nov. 12th and we project around 20 boys out for basketball, which is consistent with last year. The Boys first game will be Nov. 30th vs Highland.
- Vision 21
- Community give-back day will be happening the afternoon of November 11th. The ASB is working on plans for work at community members as well as around the school itself.
- Rec District Update
- Facilities have been blown out and winterized. We will install the FB scoreboard once the pivot post has been engineered and ready for installation.